George Mason University Commencement and Degree Celebrations
When: Thursday, May 9, 2024, 10:00 a.m.
Location: at EagleBank Arena
Who: All graduates welcome; Doctoral students will be individually recognized.
College of Visual and Performing Arts Degree Celebration Ceremony (for all CVPA majors)
When: Thursday, May 9, 2024, 3:00 p.m.
Location: Center for the Arts Concert Hall
Who: Graduating students in the College of Visual and Performing Arts. All graduates will be individually recognized and will cross the stage.
All ceremonies will be ticketed. (More details to come.)
Things to Know About the Ceremony
Graduating students will need to request tickets for their guests by filling out the form emailed by Academic Affairs.
Graduating students who requested tickets by form will receive an email on or after April 17 from the ticketing system –email@example.com - with the subject line "Thank You for your order". Use the links within the email to create an account with your Mason email and forward the tickets.
- Graduates do not need tickets for themselves. Graduates can distribute all of their tickets directly to their guests.
- To email a digital ticket to a guest, use the "forward" button at the bottom of the digital ticket.
- Tickets can be presented at the venue as either digital tickets or paper tickets.
- Digital tickets can be saved as a screenshot or saved to the Apple Wallet on Apple devices or to the Google Wallet on Android devices.
- Tickets can be instead be printed at home from a desktop device.
- Tickets may not be duplicated. Each ticket has a unique barcode, which will be scanned at the venue.
- Infants and babies (ages 2 and under) may be held in the lap of a guest and do not require a Degree Celebration ticket. On the day of the Degree Celebration, Center for the Arts will provide a lap pass to these guests in lieu of a ticket.
- Graduates are encouraged to return tickets that they do not need for their guests by forwarding them via e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If anyone in your party requires accessible seating or services please indicate the requirements in the request form and/or email the Ticket Office or call 703-993-2787.
If you need assistance with the request form or your tickets, please email the Ticket Office or call 703-993-2787.
If additional tickets remain available after all tickets have been disbursed and any extra tickets have been returned to the Ticket Office, information on claiming additional tickets will be shared in early May. If you know you will not need all of your allotted tickets, please forward any extras back so that others may use them.
- Guests without tickets will be directed to the standby area in the Center for the Arts lobby.
- Based on available seating, parties physically present in the standby area will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis. However, all members of the party may not be able to be seated together.
- The time and placement of standby seating will be determined at the discretion of house management. Standby seating may be available after the official start of the celebration.
- In order to make sure every available seat is filled, guests with tickets may not save seats in the Concert Hall.
- A livestream of the CVPA celebration will be available on or linked from Mason’s main commencement page and may be available to view on site from the standby area.
Please plan to arrive one hour before the start of your ceremony and follow signs to the graduates' lineup area. If weather permits, graduates will walk in a procession into the arena at the beginning of the ceremony. Main doors to the Center for the Arts open for guests one hour prior to the ceremony. Graduates are encouraged to attend the official university commencement ceremony as well which will take place on Thursday, May 9 at 10:00 a.m.
- All graduates are individually recognized by name and photographed on stage.
- Celebrations include select speakers and performances.
- Caps and gowns are worn.
Accessibility at the Center for the Arts
The Center for the Arts is dedicated to providing an enjoyable experience by making our performances and facilities accessible to all.
Request Accessibility Accommodations
Request accessibility accommodations by emailing the ticket office or by calling 703-993-8881.
Ticket Office Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
TTD Service: Please call us through the Virginia Relay service at 800-828-1140