The Center for the Arts is the heart of performing arts on Mason's Fairfax Campus. The center showcases national and international artists, as well as accomplished faculty members and emerging student artists.
Arts Opportunities for Mason Students
- Free tickets: Mason students can get free tickets for more than 100 performances at the Center for the Arts.
- Perform on professional stages: Mason students perform music, dance, and theater in the 2000-seat Concert Hall.
- Experience world-class performances.
- Learn from today's top artists: Mason Arts students learn from the best in master classes presented by musicians, dancers, and actors performing at the Center for the Arts.
- Internship Opportunities: Mason students studying anything from arts management to theater to communications may apply for internships at the Center.
Today's Most Brilliant Artists
As a premier destination for the arts in Northern Virginia, the Center for the Arts presents today’s most brilliant artists.
A Mason Arts venue, the Center for the Arts is the centerpiece of performing arts on George Mason University’s Fairfax campus. Each year, the Center welcomes hundreds of thousands of community members into its nearly 2,000-seat Concert Hall. The Center presents an annual season of national and international professional artists through its Great Performance at Mason Series and Family Series—offering the best of classical music, opera, jazz, global music, dance, theater, and more.
Managed by Mason’s College of Visual and Performing Arts, the Center hosts many student and faculty performances presented by the Schools of Music, Theater, and Dance and supports the events of the School of Art, Film and Video Studies, Computer Game Design, and Arts Management programs. The Center brings distinguished visiting artists as Mason Artists-in-Residence for extended engagements designed to engage and inspire diverse audiences both on and off campus. The Center for the Arts serves as a performance home for many community arts organizations in the greater Washington, D.C. area.
Map and Directions
Parking: Free parking is available in Lot K, just off Patriot Circle, when you are attending a Great Performances at Mason or Family Series event, at the Center for the Arts. Paid, covered parking is available in the Mason Pond Parking Deck on Mason Pond Drive adjacent to the Center for the Arts. More information about parking at the Center for the Arts.
Getting Here: Exit the Mason Pond Parking deck on the1st floor or 3rd floor. The Center for the Arts is adjacent to the parking deck, on Mason Pond Drive.