CVPA faculty, staff and students are welcome to discuss their ideas for research or creative activity with the CVPA Assistant Dean for Research. Assistance in finding sponsors can be provided.
CVPA offers a number of funding awards for research and creative activity:
The Robert K. Purks Faculty Enrichment Fund
Established in 2018 by Robert Purks, a long time Arts at Mason Board member and supporter, The Robert K. Purks Faculty Enrichment Endowment provides perpetual support to further the research and creative activity of faculty in the College. Faculty across CVPA can apply annually for funds in support of projects that fuel or are fueled by their own creative ideas and artistic expression.
The university also offers support opportunities through the Office of Research. Once a sponsor is identified and there is a plan for a grant proposal, this should be discussed with the CVPA Associate Dean for Research. The Office of Sponsored Programs should also be notified as early as possible about upcoming proposals.
Office of Research Development (RD)
RD provides support to faculty, students and staff in identifying and seeking funding to increase George Mason University’s funded research base.
To accomplish this, RD provides:
- Limited Submission Process
Management of the internal selection process for limited submission grant opportunities (those where the agency limits the number of proposals from a single institution).
- Coordination/Identification of Funding Sources & Dissemination of Information
Coordinates institutional activities to identify funding information from outside entities and disseminates this information to units. Coordinates university-wide funding activities with outside entities such as Strategic Partnerships.
- Seminars and Workshops
A variety of seminars and workshops are offered each semester. These are organized in the following series: Basics, Tips for Success, and Grants Management. Special Topics sessions are arranged as interests are identified.
- Assist and Coordinate Large and Complex Proposal Efforts
Support cooperative and collaborative research activities at Mason by expanding Mason’s capacity to strategically pursue major multi-and interdisciplinary team based research initiatives.
- Research Development Resource
Offers individualized consulting sessions to faculty and research staff on the identification of funding opportunities and advises on appropriateness of funding sources and strategies for interactions with agencies.
Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
Office of Research Integrity and Assurance
The Office of Research Integrity and Assurance provides services that:
- ensure the Mason community is knowledgeable about and complies with federal and other relevant regulations that pertain to the ethical and responsible conduct of research;
- identify compliance risks and communicate those risks to the Mason community; and
- monitor and investigate instances of noncompliance, demonstrating the University’s commitment to practice to the highest ethical standards in research and scholarship.